Published September 21, 2010
If you are a mantilla fan, stop by here:
Published September 6, 2010
I am totally in love with 1:16, light peach floral number. But anything, really, in the entire fashion show rocks my world.
Published August 12, 2010
For your reading pleasure, from Athanasius:
…a man who thinks he can go home and just demand his wife wear a skirt (and remember culturally skirts and dresses are more feminine and accord better with a woman’s perfections) while himself remaining immodest in his dress, deportment, and interior disposition, he is fooling himself because his wife is never going to respect him. If a woman wears a dress but does not respect and obey her husband, she is not modest no matter how many layers she is wearing. Modesty does not stop in dress.
Men’s Modesty Part 1
and for eye-candy:
What do you think, ladies? Do you have near-instant respect for men who take care of their appearance and behavior?
Bonus Link: Because of the Angels
I have much more to write about daily life things in an update later this weekend.
Published July 31, 2010
Homemaking , Lung Cancer
The last few months have been the Via Dela Rosa for my family and I. Many things have reached Situation Critical:
- Mother’s cancer is spreading at a new, aggressive rate. They are pursuing a drug trial medication which will not start for another two weeks, at best. She is unable to drive or do much of anything else.
- Therefore, I get housekeeping (of a large house) and driving duty.
- The family dog was also diagnosed with a large tumor in her chest cavity. She is nearing her end and will be put down…but in the past few months, I have had the majority care of her. Lots of meds, cleaning up after her. ETC.
- We’ve been in a droughty-flaming-hot weather pattern. I try my best to stay on top of watering but some things have come close to death.
- This is the biggest personal issue and most difficult to explain: religious difficulties. I do not have the energy or time to deal with it. Making a major religious dedication is beyond me right now and I am not sure when/how/with whom it will happen. I will have more to say on the subject later.
I really want to blog more, make more videos, and do fun internet-y things. Please pray for us.
Published June 5, 2010
The Get Your Stuff together week was less than spectacular. I got the bedroom together and have maintained it. The book nook got a pass but is not done. Meh. My excuse? The Dog got sicker and I am chief Veterinarian Chauffeur. She is stable now and parents are out of town.
I guess one area deep clean a week is a good enough goal for now.