Let’s see…its only 10:30 am and I have accomplished the following:
- Hit up the Salem Farmers Market and came home with: broccoli, lettuce, snap peas, fennel (will top salmon for dinner tonight!), a plate of carrot cake muffins, and a small bear of local honey.
- Made friends with the honey-man, Coy, who is perfectly named. Rather the sociable southern retired gentleman. He invited me out to his honey-farm to see how he makes it. LOL. But really, he was a gem and introduced me to the regular vendors.
- Took down info for beef and pork sellers. Got a recommendation from one lady for her daughter who raises chickens. She also said the Natural Foods Co-op is worthwhile for bulk items. Several folks sell eggs. Yay, fresh eggs from happy chickens!
- Bought a heavenly cup of hot cocoa from this local cafe.
- Didn’t stick around for the Chef Challenge, in which a local chef must take ingredients from the farmers market that morning and cook up a lunch. They have a small kitchen on a trailer hitch. What a hoot!
- Came home, ate a muffin, then tackled some unpacking.
- Had too much jitters from the hot cocoa so I went for a 30 minute walk. The neighborhood is hilly and makes me huff-n-puff.
- Weather is pristine after two days of rain.
- What else today? Jeff is helping mow the lawn (Dad is happier than a clam at high tide.) We might visit a library for “B Movies” this afternoon. Or take a drive ’round town. Then there is a prayer service at a church we want to attend this evening.
Can you tell I am HAPPY to be here?