Blogging ladies like to share about the weird things their children do. I just have a cat, but a very odd cat.
Besides the normal cat behaviors like sitting/sleeping on clean clothing, Contessa has adopted several weirdnesses over the years:
- WATER – She must have clean water in her dish. Two bowls are better than one. Then she does this little routine of “digging” around the bowl before she settles down to drink. One dish is the bottom portion of an auto-waterer. She sticks her whole head in the first chamber where the jug is supposed to sit. Its not that she drinks an awful lot; she just insists on clean water.
- Water in the bathroom sink – Every morning as I stumble into the bathroom, she is right ahead of me on the edge of the sink. I have to plug the sink and put a tiny puddle of water for her to drink.
- Everyone else’s water – When the first two are not up to her standards, she will put her paws into your water glass to clean them. If she is feeling especially ornery, she knocks the glass over onto some important book or paperwork.
- Alarm Clock – 4 am. Every. Day. No weekends off.
- Butter – This is the latest fad. Contessa will not drink milk. She does, however, like to lick the butter off my toast! I put a dollop on my finger this morning which she happily licked off. Tomorrow morning she’ll get her own softened pat of butter on a dish. She will then expect that every morning until she dies.
- Did I mention she is 14 years old?
- Till death do we part! And she is going first! LOL
I love my kitteh!