Two weeks into the Slow Carb way of eating and I am on a steep learning curve. I had a small hot cocoa and a shortbread cookie on Tuesday night for a church ladies’ social event. I ate McDonald’s on Wednesday (a coworker paid for it…) My body did NOT like that favor. By that evening I felt unusually exhausted. Blech. I am just now feeling ‘recovered’ from that experience.
Instead of royally beating myself up for eating sugar and fried starchy cr*p, I used it as a teaching experience. See, Anna, this is why you don’t want to eat those things! I am also trying to not get impatient with my body. It took me 2 years to get where I was; the flab won’t come off in 2 weeks! My goal is 2 inches, waist and hips or 15 pounds lighter, which ever happens first.
Back on the wagon again. Here is what I ate yesterday:
- Breakfast – Oatmeal made with whole milk, butter and tablespoon of brown sugar.
- Lunch – Two scrambled eggs in coconut oil, 1/2 cup or so of unsweetened applesauce, slice of pepperjack cheese. Also Cod Liver Oil.
- Snack – Trail mix, two handfuls.
- Dinner – Roman Lentil Soup (I could eat this weekly and never get tired of it!) with sour cream. Drink kombucha. I also ate 6 saltine crackers because I had a weight-lifting session after work. The little extra carbs keep me from getting shaky before bed.
On tap for today’s menu:
- Breakfast – Oatmeal, ditto.
- Lunch – Either eggs and cantaloupe or Roman Lentil Soup. Prep and put into crock pot:
- Dinner – Pinto Beans with bacon. Splurge on Jiffy Mix Corn Muffins [hey, its in the cupboard and needs to be used up.] Spinach. Kombucha.
Our budget is limited this month, so we must eat lower on the food chain, so to speak. Fortunately, I have a couple meats left in the freezer. It won’t be completely beans until July. 😉