The library book sale yielded more “great stuff”, as Jeff likes to say. Here are some of what we carried home:
- The Christian’s Secret of a Happy Life, Hannah Whitall Smith. Small paperback version.
- God on the Bowery, Charles J. St. John. I think this is from the late 1940’s. I can’t read Roman numerals. 😛 The book is about the famous rescue mission in New York City.
- The Modern Handbook for Girls, Olive Richards Landers. 1933. This one is like the modern version, The Daring Book for Girls, with less illustrations.
- Twenty-Six Centuries of Agrarian Reform. A nerdy historical book.
- The “Have-More” Plan, Ed & Carolyn Robinson. First Edition, 1947. I jumped up and down with glee when I saw this homesteading classic. Oh, wow, is this terrific!
We also found three Latin grammar books from the 1960’s. Those will go onto e-bay (unless you are currently homeschooling and learning Latin, leave me a message!)
We had a full day on Saturday. More posts to come.