As promised, here are some photos of my new brown bonnet! I went on a sewing binge over last weekend, churning out this bonnet, two headbands (as gifts), some cloth pads, and a table skirt (still under construction, I’ll post pics of that later.) I woke up with a head cold today, most likely what Jeff was suffering from earlier this week. 😦 That will slow me down in the sewing department because I can’t think properly enough and make mistakes.
The bonnet is based on this pattern from King Pod patterns. This version is following the pattern exactly, except for the small pleat in the back I added to help it hug around my bun. The outer fabric is baby whale brown corduroy and the lining is a soft brown herringbone flannel. I’d rate the pattern between beginner and intermediate. The directions are a bit vague at some points so some visualization skills and sewing creativity are necessary.
The brim is rather narrow, I will widen it in future versions. The tie is an inch wide tan grosgrain ribbon.