I heard nails scrapping across a chalkboard this evening as I was listening to the local news. They were reporting on a winner of a “Queen Makeover” contest who received some rather extensive “gifts”: a personal trainer for 3 months, botox shots, permanent make-up, laser hair removal, hair restyling (for the hair that is left), and some new outfits, including a set of Spanxs for body shaping, from a trendy boutique. ACCCKK! Is this what it takes to feel like a queen these days?!? Just fathom all of the unnecessary pain involved in becoming a Queen in the world’s eyes. Except maybe the personal trainer, all of those things are just plain old cruel.
How about a Proverbs 31 makeover instead? Here is what I would really love to have:
- Services of a Professional Organizer to aid you in better lay out your home and de-junk.
- A couple of lovely dresses and aprons from The Kings Daughters. (No shapewear required!)
- Quilting lessons or whatever craft you would like to learn.
- A gift membership to a Community Supported Agriculture Farm for a season’s worth of fresh vegetables, fruits, and eggs and possibly milk or meat.
- A set of cloth diapers or Ergo carrier (if you have a baby.)
- Small business consultation, if you would like to start your own.
- A tea party hosted for all you, your lady friends and family.
- A grain mill and a 50 pound bag of organic wheat.
- [If I had a yard…] A professionally installed herb garden.
- A “wildcrafting” tour with a knowledgeable person on edible plants and mushrooms.
What else would you like to receive if there was such a makeover?
[My husband heartily enjoyed this post as I read it to him!]